owling9 michinoku 2017

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday, 04th August

Friday, 02nd August, 2013.

I worked but when I finished...... my vacation started ! 
We went out for dinner. 





Sunday, 04th August, 2014. 

We caught the bus to Sendai to go to Church. 
The Church was flattened in the Great East Japan Earthquake. 
We all pray in an office, "converted" into a Church. 

Some of the wonderful people who attend.

Plans and construction photos of the new Church. 
I can`t wait ! 

Father Frank - genki boy :) 


Walking down the stairs to exit the building. 
Obviously an office block, but kind of nice nonetheless. 

Front on view.


And if I turn around and take a photo from the front of Paseo -
this is what you see. 

Here is the site / construction of the new Anglican Church
in Sendai. 

Sendai Tanabata is a little different because they calculate it
using a different calendar. 

Whichever calendar ? I don`t really mind. 
Here is a photo of the bamboo poles being erected. 







This was a very unique elevator - small and run
by compressor. I have never seen such a small one. 



Terrible. 

A Sendai couple really got into the swing of Tanabata
and decorated their dogs, too. 
Little over the top, but fantastic spirit. 

The guy was wearing a Pith Helmet ! 
I was enthralled. 

They were so polite and kind. 
Enjoy your day. 



While we were here talking to Yamada-san
there was an earthquake. 
I dislike them so much. 




We went to S-Pal 1 in Sendai Station for lunch. 
Very busy. 



Arigato :)

Japanese food is soooooooo good. 








We felt zonked so we went for a caffeine fix. 

Usually I like black coffee with no sugar
however today I felt like a change - 
one lump of brown sugar and milk. 

Changeling me ! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sensei

oh~my hometown
oh~Tanabata [many people will come to Sendai]
oh~gyu-tan[ I'd like to it]
oh~dogs! [I knew dogs. I saw them many times.]

by your student