owling9 michinoku 2017

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Friday, 09 August, 2013

Friday
09th August, 2013

Robina Shopping Centre
 then
Fingal Lighthouse




How thoughtful - a carpark with my name.
Plus one for my Mother, too ..... except that she doesn`t drive anymore. 










Inside Robina Shopping Centre.
Food Court - lots of junk food, noisy people, and zero privacy.
What a place for me to not be.






 
After Robina, we drove across the border into
New South Wales and to Fingal Lighthouse.
This is one of my very favourite places on the Gold Coast.
I remember it vividly from when I was a child, long ago.
 
 
 


 
The beach which runs from the lighthouse south
through to Kingscliff.
 




We walked up onto the headland where the old lighthouse still stands.
It has not been operational since maybe 1975 or so.





Dec is looking northwards back up to the Gold coast.
The trees are Pandanus trees; so unique.




These igneous rocks originated from a volcano several million
years ago. Pecuilar to Fingal and very special.




Dec is holding a nut from the Pandanus tree.
Extremely tough and pointy.





Don`t often get the chance to visit Fingal; maybe I hadn`t visited
since 1992, I think.

 

No comments: