owling9 michinoku 2017

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Ronald

 Wednesday

03rd November, 2021 



Ronald Sydney Howard 

S A U N D E R S O N 

who died on this day in 1972,

 in Sydney, Australia. 



Remembering the Dead:
Henri Nouwen
To remember my mother does not mean telling her story over and over again to my friends, nor does it mean pictures on the wall or a stone on her grave; it does not even mean constantly thinking about her. No. It means making her a participant in God’s ongoing work of redemption by allowing her to dispel in me a little more of my darkness and lead me a little closer to the light. In these weeks of mourning she died in me more and more every day, making it impossible for me to cling to her as my mother. Yet by letting her go I did not lose her. Rather, I found that she is closer to me than ever. In and through the Spirit of Christ, she indeed is becoming a part of my very being.