owling9 michinoku 2017

Thursday, March 11, 2021

This Day

 Thursday

11th March, 2021

10th Memorial Day 


My adopted home for decades; my wonderful life. 

Not to relive the damage, but to embrace Nature and its beauty there. 



From Mt. Hanami looking towards Fukushima City. 

Mt. Adatara above and the summit below. 

The cause of much mirth .... LOL 




Above: Lake Inawashiro, the 4th largest lake in Japan. 

A place of wild, natural beauty ... one of my favourite places in Fukushima Prefecture. 


Fukushima City itself; focus on the railway station.




Above: The Abukuma River, the 6th longest river in Japan. 
I lived beside this beautiful river ... a source of great calmness for me. 

Below:  Taken from my apartment in Ogura-cho. 
The Abukuma River in Winter and next, illustrating Ohanami in April. 







The Arakawa River which connects to the Abukuma River

near Ogura-cho.  I enjoyed seeing these rivers every day. 



Sakura mochi - delicious sweet treat particularly served in April  in Fukushima-ken. 


Fuku - means happy or lucky

Shima - one of several Japanese words meaning island. 

The "island" originally coming from Shinobu Yama being surrounded by water. 

......................... 


No comments: