owling9 michinoku 2017

Monday, September 28, 2020

Fig Tree

 Monday

28th September, 2020


My small garden today. 




The fig tree presented by Sam to me is showing early Spring growth ! 



Above:  The larger of the two small Tibouchina trees presented to me by Sandra san

a few months ago ( June, 2020 ) is going from strength-to-strength.  Looking forward

to seeing some purple blossoms soon. 

Below: From my local nursery .... stunning flower. 


Above: I took a cutting from Sam's fig tree and planted it a year ago. 

It's going gangbusters !  

Below: I am trialing how effective putting glass bottles over my small

plants to act as humidifiers really is. It's interesting to observe daily. 



Above: I took a leaf from Sam's fig tree a year ago and planted it. 

The root system underneath betrays the size of the plant above ground. 

The root system is most extensive. I have noticed a big improvement in budding

since I put the glass bottle over the plant itself. 

Below:  My tomatoes are growing well, hopefully to the point of bearing fruit. 




Above:  Jalapeno plants are coming out of their Winter hibernation. 




Above and Below:  Sam's chili bush is undergoing the bottle treatment

in an endeavour to obtain a large number of chilis in a short space of time. 

Fingers crossed for a positive result. 



Above:  A mango tree ( Kensington Pride variety ) which I am growing from seed. 

Below: Also a mango tree which I am growing from seed ... in need of help. 

So, my remedy is to place a bottle of the stem to see if that does the trick. 

Wait n' see, I guess ... 












My small inner-city garden assists in my sanity during this COVID-19 crisis / lock down.