owling9 michinoku 2017

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Saturday

Saturday
21st December, 2019

A trip to the Family Graves to pay respects before Christmas. 


First off ... Wacol Station Road Cemetery to see 
the graves of my late parents. 




This cemetery always has an interesting array of native wildlife. 



After that, to Toowong Cemetery and the Yates Graves. 
Parked Monsieur Pierre under this very old tree in the cool shade ... 



I walked down to the frangipani tree I've known all my life .... it's looking "old". 
I took a cutting  ( see below ) to try and propagate it in my garden. 





Looking from the frangipani tree back towards the Yates Graves. 


 Then down to the West Graves beside Frederick Street. 




There is a huge Norfolk Pine tree there .... and a branch had fallen down. 
With it came a nut.  It is really big and spikey. 


Then a quick visit to the Toowong Cemetery Museum. 
Interesting. 









 The Late Governor Blackall's grave and amazingly-high spire
are on the top of the hill with a magnificent view of Brisbane City itself. 
He must have been very popular ! 



Back at my house .... the Norfolk Pine tree nut. 


 And the frangipani cutting has been potted ... hopefully to grown strongly. 


My duty to my ancestors has been completed, at least for now. 
..........

No comments: