owling9 michinoku 2017

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Friday @ Coominya

Friday
20th September, 2019

I drove out to Coominya to the shed there
to get my old Mikisaki bicycle
and then to give it to Brendan
who wants to restore it as a retro bike. 

I was early so I trekked out to Atikinson's Dam. 
Just nooooo water ! 



This massive drought is clearly evident out this way .... 





Tough for the cattle to get green grass and enough to drink. 
Tough for Mr. Magpie to get enough to eat ... .so I gave him a cracker biscuit. 





Heading out from Atkinson's Dam and back towards Coominya township. 




This is the only green field for miles around, due to massive sprinklers
pumping out water onto the small crops. 



My Miki. 
What a legendary bicycle it has been. 
I bought it in maybe March, 1985. 
I had the front wheel separately. 

Put it all back together when Brendan arrived. 








Shimano 105 Ensemble. 


Thanks for all the great rides ! 
You'll be moving on to a different home now
however I'm sure a spruce-up will be 
just what the doctor ordered. 

........................................................................